Slippers are a part of our daily life. We wear them while we are at home when we want to give our feet a well deserved rest. Considering that they are such a common thing for us, one might tend to think that slippers might not hide any secrets from us.
Today we decided to sum up a few interesting trivia about slippers to prove that even these shoes that are such a normal yet important part of our daily life has many interesting things behind their history.
In Japan there are special slippers to go to the bathroom. You can find this both in a private normal house and also in hotels and restaurants. One very important thing, once you leave the bathroom remember to leave them where they were, there’s nothing more terrifying for Japanese people than walking into a room with their bathroom slippers.
- World’s most famous slippers, the red slippers Judy Garland wore in The Wizard of Oz were sold for 660.000$ in an auction in 2000.
- The word slipper dates from 1478. It first appeared in a dictionary in England, but also was considered a verb. That means that slipper has at least a 538 years old history!
- Slippers and exams: The most successful exam taker ever (70 O-levels, 16 A-levels, one S-level) declared that a big part of his success was due to his slippers. Why? Because it’s important to feel comfortable to be able to give your best.
- Slipper Man: Some of you might have ever heard of Slipper Man. Derek Fan entered the Guinness World Record for wearing a pair of slippers for 23 years straight as of June 2007.
- Monster slipper: In 2011 Tom Boddingham made a mistake while placing a decimal number while ordering a pair of slippers, and we received a 7-foot tall slipper at home. British papers made headlines out of it but everything came to an end when Twitter followers managed to prove that it was a PR stunt by the company.
- Most expensive slippers: The most expensive shoe in the world is indeed a slipper covered by 1,400 white diamond pieces. They cost about 2 million US$ and they were made for Nick Cannon, TV-host also known as the ex-husband of Mariah Carey.
As you can see slippers are a box full of surprises. Do you know any other interesting trivia about slippers?
Buy now your CP Slippers home shoes:
See all CP Slippers collection